In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way at the Lockdown at the Ranch, related events, and activities, the undersigned acknowledges, appreciates, and agrees that:
- The risk of injury from the activities involved in this program is significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and
death, and while particular rules, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious injury does exist; and,
- I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE
NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES or others, and assume full responsibility for my participation; and,
- I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. If however I observe an unusual
significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the
nearest official immediately; and,
- I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representative and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE AND HOLD
HARMLESS A Night at the Ranch, their officers, officials, agents and/or employees, other participants,
sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and, if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the event
(“Releasees”), WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, DISABILITY, DEATH, or loss or damage to person or property,
WHETHER CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS,
UNDERTSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND SIGN IT FREELY AND
VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.
In Realtion to Covid19
1) The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health
Organization and COVID-19 is extremely contagious. The Organization has put in place preventative
measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and requires all participants (or their parent/guardian,
when applicable) to adhere to the compliance standards described in this document.
2) The Participant has not been diagnosed with COVID-19, OR if the Participant was diagnosed with
COVID-19, the Participant was cleared as noncontagious by provincial or local public health
authorities more than 14 days prior to the date this Declaration of Compliance was signed.
3) The Participant has not been exposed to a person with a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19;
OR if the Participant was exposed to a person with a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19, the
date of exposure was more than 14 days prior to the date this Declaration of Compliance was
4) The Participant is participating voluntarily and understands and assumes the risks associated with
COVID-19. The Participant (or the Participant’s parent/guardian, on behalf of the Participant (when
applicable)) agrees to assume those risks, including but not limited to exposure and being infected.
5) The Participant has not, nor has anyone in the Participant’s household, experienced cold or flu-like
symptoms in the last 14 days (including fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breach, respiratory
illness, difficulty breathing).
6) If the Participant experiences, or if anyone in the Participant’s household experiences, any cold or
flu-like symptoms after submitting this Declaration of Compliance, the Participant will immediately
isolate and not attend any of the Organization’s activities, programs or services until at least 14 days
have passed since those symptoms were last experienced.
7) The Participant is following recommended guidelines, including but not limited to, practicing physical distancing, trying to maintain separation of six feet from others, frequent handwashing, and otherwise limiting exposure to COVID-19.
8) The Participant will follow the safety, physical distancing and hygiene protocols of the Organization.
9) This document will remain in effect until the Organization, per the direction of the provincial government and provincial health officials, determines that the acknowledgements in this Declaration of Compliance are no longer required.
10) The Organization may remove the Participant from participation in the activities, programs or services of the Organization at any time and for any reason if the Organization believes, in its sole discretion, that the Participant is no longer in compliance with any of the compliance standards described in this document.